Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Maybe it is about my son, maybe not.




Fall 1985. The Township of Oakland. Douglas County Wisconsin.


My sons first day of kindergarten. I remember the tears in my and my then wife's eyes.


Another note. That metallic brown car is a 1984 Chevrolet Chevette Diesel. The highest fuel mileage car to my knowledge ever manufactured and assembled in the USA to date.

I achieved the manufactures stated mileage on more than one occasion, 64.7 MPG. I averaged 45+ and in one high speed(18 hrs) long run from the southern OK border to the home(apprx. 1000 miles) in this picture(well you can't see it) I had a trip average of 45+ mpg.


My thought is when I hear what some standard reciprocating engined cars are now getting must be a joke. I am thinking you kids who are now engineering these new cars can do a lot better than that. We should be pushing 100 mpg in non 'electric assisted' vehicles now shouldn't we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........