Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

When The Striker Hits The Flint

Erkkila means dwelling place of Eric.

ERIC is from the Old Norse name Eirkir, meaning "honorable ruler" or "all-ruler." The name was rarely used until the 1920s when it became popular in Britain. It became popular in the US in the 1970s.


My first name Ronald:

RONALD is the Scottish form of Reginald, which literally means "counsel-power" and has the connotation of "wise, judicious." Also from the Anglo-Saxon meaning "worthy of admiration."

My middle name Cody:

CODY is from the Anglo-Saxon 'codd,' akin to the Old Norse 'koddi,' and means "a cushion" or "a pillow." Also derived from the Irish surname O Cuidighthigh meaning "helpful person."



Link

1 comment:

  1. That don't mean that I think I am some kind of ruler though.

    ReplyDelete

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........