Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

On July 3, 1776, John Adams say's to his wife Abigail that he hoped that Independence Day would be “celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival.” He wanted it to “be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty” and “solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.“


On to immigrants. This is the naturalization oath.

“I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty … I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic… I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”

I say, Stick this in your athiestic "smipes and poke it".


http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/12/celebrating-the-912-rallies/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........