Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympics

Lindsey Von won gold in the women's down hill.

The asides are that she was the first American woman to ever win, and it was the Olympics, arguably the truest test of athletic greatness.

More importantly she for all practical purposes skied on one leg, on probably the toughest down hill in the world, and it in the toughest condition a downhill may have ever been..It was fast and mean.

I am thinking may be one of the greatest Olympic feats of all time.

As for the extreme difficulty of many of the courses of the Vancouver Olympics. This is the Olympics and they should be 'THE TOUGHEST' period. Maybe the rest of the time should pale in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........