Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I have been mowing lawns for 41 years


In that time I have never mowed a lawn less that 1/4 of an acre. I have always had a push mower.........until today. For the first time in my life I mowed the lawn with a riding lawn mower.


Walmart had a what I thought was a great deal on a Wead Eater riding lawn mower and I went all out and bought it. 650 smackers plus tax. My brother in law was gracious enough to help me bring it home last night and today after reading the instructions and checking it out I FIRED THAT BABY UP! GOT ON THAT BUCKING BRONC and entered mower heaven. Almost paradise. What a ride. 40 years of dreamin. Never let anyone tell you that dreams can't come true.


How did it work? Oh I really don't have anything to compare it too. I think it could use a plate across the middle to keep people from using the mower deck to get on the thing and the seat could use thicker padding and the buckboard shocks under the seat need to be stronger, and the front tires need to be bigger, and the steering links should be beefed up, and the chain drive nearly gave me whiplash as it engaged. All of these things gave me start up, and new operator fits but I had no cuss words for it so they are doing alright.


All and all this gorilla couldn't break that suitcase(old suitcase commercial). I mowed the lawn in....very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........