Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Remember these numbers

9.7% unemployment remains steady three months in a row.

Government hires 48,000 for census.

Private sector hires 123,000.

Manufacturing hires 17000(not enough, manufacturing would have to add that much every month for the next 5 or 10 years before I would get happy over it).

Temp agencies added 40,000, (That ain't so confident).

Construction added 15,000, (but they figure that's a wash due to winter weather).

I dunno, is the writer of the article hedging his bets or am I getting the feeling that they don't know for sure. Prices are up, state and local governments have a major case of
GTAHTTFLOM(getting there ass handed to them for lack of money). Is this the normal cycle? I don't think so, this whole thing has been different than I have seen in 43 years of paying attention to the economy.

That's right, I said 43 years. D'oh........how can you say that? Dunno, been curious and interested since I was eight, about economics and politics.

Something ain't right out there. I think we are in for a rollercoaster ride for the next 20-30 years, not gonna be my worry now is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........