Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So what the hell is sodium hypochlorate?

It is what is commonly used to sanitize water or in sufficient concentrations to bleach your clothes.

At 1 to 1.5 parts per million is safe for drinking and swimming yet is enough to discourage bacterium from growing while in process of transport or just plain old sitting around. How much Clorox should you put in your swimming pool to sanitize it. Read the label. The not so new Clorox is 6% SHPC, while the pool rated Chlorine I used to get in the big yellow jugs at the pool supply for the Ramada Inn was 12%. From zero free chlorine to 1 ppm, it would take a full 2 1/2 gallon jug in the 20,000 gallon pool to attain free chlorine levels that was needed and legal.

Why the explanation. I never put SHPC in a pool until I knew exactly how much to put in based upon the concentration of the product and the concentration of SPHC in the water I was treating.

NEVER!

I am not confused, it is just addition.

Simple math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........