Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Starting the day with someone I really don't like

Hang ideas! They are tramps, vagabonds, knocking at the back-door of your mind, each taking a little of your substance, each carrying away some crumb of that belief in a few simple notions you must cling to if you want to live decently and would like to die easy!
Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)

I don't like him because he seems to much a commie to me. Never the less even my enemies say a thing or two that are really smart.... This thing he says I read as he treats stray thoughts as just a form of insanity....which he has to deal with....and not a matter of the spirit....It is a matter of the spirit....

In the perspective of matters of the spirit....I deliver up this treatise.... If your soul rejects the idea of a God or anything other than nothing but what a man can see exists then all of your prayers be they matters of the spirit must turn on you and permanently repair the mistake. For if their be any lapse backwards into nothing but the flesh, your prayers become null and void by your own making.... If you lie; and say that you are an atheist, your prayers are null and void for they have no bedrock with which to stand....

"A Smile born of pain is not a smile at all but a grimace. A smile born of joy in your heart is a smile indeed." You can quote me on that, in fact I insist.

Charlott Bronte says this: "No mockery in this world ever sounds to me so hollow as that of being told to cultivate happiness."
Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)

I say this; "I mock not to create happiness but pessimism."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........