Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A compliment to Ambrose Bierce.....not

Ok I have been working on making Saturday the day of it's namesake. The day of rest but there it is a temptation I cannot resist. So for the sake of the nation that God has seen fit that I should swear allegiance to and for his sake I have this.

Ambrose Bierce. I have no real clue who the guy was. As far as I know I have never read any of his books. I don't know his religious status nor his stand on this nation nor his political belief but he makes a case for patriotism being nuts.


Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

If I were to analyze Bierce in my way I would call him a coward and borderline enemy of the state. The fact the he thinks that patriotism is irrational and by his description ruthless tells me that he far from understands the need for nations. Also spoiled; and not used to losing arguments to people who think that supporting something; as banal to him as the Constitution, likely he thought should be outlawed. So to you Bierce though you are dead good riddance and good riddance to all you unpatriotic _______ may you fear with trepidation the judgement of God.

And to the people who keep posting these insults to my or any country as though they are great quotes you people are treading upon unclean ground. Have you people checked amongst you for desease? Your families? How your parents must have hated you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........