Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Or Herman

He who has never failed somewhere, that man can not be great.
Herman Melville (1819-1891)

Jesus never failed..... Everything he did he succeeded at and was no failure. There are now 2 billion plus people who claim to follow after Jesus. How many followers can Melville claim? Not too many; even with his iconic stature. I would hazard a guess that there is a microscopically few number of people that idolize Melville only as a God or their God, and put no others before him. Ie. he's not God to the vast majority of people.

Turning this upon myself of course I have failed and enumerated this here for any who would see. My greatest failure....is personal. I can't think of a way to bypass Armageddon....Guess that makes me weak...Not that I was wrong. I know I probably have been. I just can't remember when or where or about what. So I say the crazy thing, and say the only mistake I made was thinking I was wrong. Old man said that to me one day. In a way when I say it I even show some despite to myself. I have been wrong pllllenty of times in relation to doing something esoteric like building a deck or make a patio, hitting my own thumb with a hammer stuff. In my consideration or fear of what mankind should/would do next. Wow! I don't think I have ever made a mistake.

God forgive me I have no good words to describe this except to say that God is in control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruling the Air waves or thought waves if you prefer.

Over my life time I have heard many a reporter, teachers, pundits, dictators say that if you control the dialogue you control the outcome of events.....That is most certainly not true for men.
Even if you ruled the thoughts of men or the spirit of men the outcome would be the same. Armageddon.

In the paranoia of those who thought to get control lay the answer. The paranoid are waiting for to get stomped and they have no clue as to why.... I know I have a hard time wondering why they feel that way and the only answer I can come up with is they for some reason think they need to be perfect. Knowing that they are not they fearfully await punishment.

A fitting picture of the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........