Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Top wage earners.

While many think that the top wage earners are not paying their 'fair share' of income taxes the truth is they pay a huge protion of what is paid. Problem is the people who are saying that they are not paying their fare share are not wrong.

Even though the top 1 percent of income generators are paying more that the other 95% combined. Never the less( though I have not found the dollar figures yet) the top 1 percent pay a lower percentage of thier income than the rest. 2% I heard once; a long time ago; in a universe far far away.

Simple solution to the problem. I would bet that a 10% straight rate income tax would fix that. Or how about this one. 13 % with deductions for charitable contributions of a maximum 3%. And a maximum poverty rate of 0%. Poverty is at $20,000.00. No taxes for them. The whole thing is simplified so much that the actual cost of enforcement drops right out the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My policy is: I will delete any comment that does not meet my specification for the truth.

Before you comment remember one thing. The vast majority of what I say are my own personal thoughts and insites. Though the norm for a reporter is to back up what he says with data and info I am not a reporter nor a pundit. I am a plain old American having my say..........